How To Make a Killer DIY Popcorn Bar
Globo Collaborator @ 2020-08-17 12:12:28 -0500
Want to make one for your next party? Here's how we did it!
- Find your space and figure out how to use it. Depending on the length of your table and how much seasoning/popcorn/serving containers you're using, you'll need to create some different layers of eight on your popcorn bar to make it full and pretty. We used wooden crates, metal washtubs and wooden baskets for this.
- Think of a theme and get decor. We were feeling rustic, so we went for metal, wood and chalk boards for a cute homey feel.
- Find what you'll serve the popcorn in and how you'll serve it. We chose to pre-pop our popcorn and leave it out with a scoop and bags. While it is not pictured in the image, we would also suggest a small crock pot of warm movie theater butter and/or popcorn butter spritzer to help the seasoning stick. To remain in the theme of choice, you can even cover these with your own paper/decor and use different labels.
- Decide what you'll serve as toppings. At Kernel Season's, we have 15 different popcorn seasonings in addition to some other delicious toppings like Drizzle Brittle. In these jars (about the size of an 8 oz mug), we used three jars/flavor. Keep in mind some flavors might be more popular (everyone loves White Cheddar, for example), so make sure you have enough stocked up. We also chose to add some candy mix-ins to the bar as well.
- Create labels and signs to show your guests what to do! It was to easy to find stick-on chalkboard labels that worked GREAT and even came with chalk. We also decided to add a "Popcorn Bar' sign to further explain how to use the table.
Once you've set up your table, sit back, relax, and and watch your guests run over to try it! The best part about a popcorn bar is that it's fun for all ages. People will have a blast creating their own popcorn and as a bonus, this could totally count as your party favor!