Cheesy Potato SkinsErin Malecki @ 2022-02-09 15:02:39 -0600
- 8 Russet potatoes (small to medium size)
- 1/2 cup of bacon bits
- 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter, optional
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon of Sharp Cheddar Veggie Season’s
- Scrub the potatoes clean and pat completely dry.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pierce each potato twice with a fork and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 1 hour.
- Slice each cooked potato in half and use a paring knife to cut a rim around the edge. Use a spoon to scoop out the middle, leaving about 1/3 inch of potato on top of the skins.
- Use the back of a spoon to smooth the potato layer over the skin. If desired, melt a small amount of butter over the top to make it creamier.
- Place the potatoes back on the baking sheet, skin-side-up. Sprinkle with kosher salt. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes over. Bake skin-side-down for 10 more minutes.
- Top the potatoes with the shredded cheddar and bacon.
- Bake for 5 more minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with diced green onions and Sharp Cheddar Veggie Season’s and serve with sour cream.